Filipino Friday (2): Kids and Books

Happy Friday! It's 22 days to go before the ReaderCon! 
This week, it's about Kids and Books!

Topic:
What were your favorite books as a kid or while you were growing up? Do you still read children’s books? If you could give your younger self a book to read, what would it be?


What were your favorite books as a kid or while you were growing up?


Si Pagong at si Matsing




This is my most memorable book as a kid. I can still remember how my Mother and Father tell us this story before going to bed. That is our family ritual! We really love the story. That is why when our UP Professor invited Hubert Fucio in our class and he showed the raw materials of his creation... I am so amazed. It's feels  like coming home again.



As I grew up, I read Archie comics. 
Do you still read children’s books?
Yes I do. When I became a Mom and when I took up Reading class in UP Diliman (thanks to Thursdays with Portia Padilla), that is when I get acquainted and exposed to lots of children's books.


Before going to bed, reading to my son Luigi is our ritual



If you could give your younger self a book to read, what would it be?

Bakit Hindi Ka Crush ng Crush Mo? by Ramon Bautista. I had fun reading this book. How I wish I have read this when I was having a CRUSH during younger days! :)

I recommend this book for those who are:

In a relationship, Engaged, It's Complicated, Separated, Widowed, Married....What else?





How about you?

Check out the Filipino Friday meme,join the fun!

There are still lots of books that I'd like to recommend for you to read.
You want to know my list? I will give it to you on the ReaderCon.

The 3rd Filipino ReaderCon: What Do Readers Want? is on November 9, 2013 at the Rizal Library in ADMU, Quezon City.


See you guys!





Comments